If you have skills but you don’t know how to market yourself as a freelancer or how to gather the audience, then what’s the point of having skills? It’s just like having a sim card without having a phone.
Marketing yourself as a freelancer is the only way to make your skills earn profit. Many freelancers, for instance, are well-skilled but they don’t know how to make the audience get engaged in their work.
For marketing your work online, you have two choices either you go for “Building a LinkedIn Network” or “Give SMS Marketing a go”. We will know to get a view about them one-by-one.
BUILDING A LINKEDIN NETWORK:
First, create a web presence of yourself as you know the majority of your clients are going to contact you online. Therefore, creating a strong portfolio of yourself is a must! It’s a bit of a challenge to market yourself in such a competitive world.
But once you have made your mind very clear then go for LinkedIn to reach out to your clients in the first place.
This business and employment-orientated Internet service will give you a platform where you can mention your knowledge about the field, your skills (Logo design ) to be openly explained, your credibility, experience, leadership, etc.
This will help you to make clients get to engage in your profile as well as in your work. To do this in an effective manner you should:
- Personalize your connection requests.
- Set your growth goals on a monthly basis.
- Post content as often as you can.
- Make use of different forms of content (text, images, videos, infographics, etc).
- Engage with your existing connections.
- Promote your LinkedIn profile on other web-based channels.
- Leverage the power of industry-related keywords in your profile.
- Publish articles that engage, inform and offer value.
GIVE SMS MARKETING A GO:
It’s one of the oldest forms of marketing, but definitely, not a backward method to advertise yourself as a freelancer and get the clients from. It will involve a text message campaign that requires your investment.
But from this campaign, you can deal with your customer on phone anywhere and anytime by just sending them a text message through your phone.
To make sure your text message campaign is going in the right direction, use “Tatango.com”, an SMS marketing software. From this software, you get benefits about:
- MESSAGING WORKFLOWS: the ability to create a text messaging workflow regardless of previous coding experience.
- SUBSCRIBER SEGMENTATION: the ability to send the right SMS messages to the right customers, at the right time.
- SUBSCRIBER ANALYTICS: the ability to visualize and track your subscriber trends in real-time.
In conclusion, it can be right to say that, having skills is not enough to make your place in the market. The one should knowhow to market yourself as a freelancer in a proper manner.